Fellowship Call Deadline: July 26th, 2021
2021 VACE Coalition Fellowship Call & Application
Before applying to the VACE (Visual Arts Coalition for Equity) program, please review the program requirements listed on the website to ensure you can fully commit to the program. Fellows will be required to sign a contract and commit to all program requirements. VACE Coalition is not able to review full applications before they are due, but if you have any questions about completing the application or about the program, please contact us at email@example.com
Fellowship Call Deadline: July 26th, 2021
What is the VACE Coalition Fellowship?
The VACE Coalition Fellowship is a paid arts leadership training program. Over a period of four months, six VACE Coalition Fellows will engage each of the eight VACE Coalition partner organizations through a series of virtual meetings, in-person events, and independent work. VACE Coalition Fellows will explore the ins and outs of small Pittsburgh arts business models, non-profit governance, financial structures, programming, administration, and core values. Fellows will also delve into each VACE member organization’s philosophy on leadership and growth, strategic planning, and personal development.
What is the VACE Coalition?
The Visual Arts Coalition for Equity is a group of arts organizations who are prioritizing equity, sustainability, and collaboration in our field by collectively addressing challenges faced by artists and arts administrators. Through mutual support and advocacy we will make our region's arts sector more transparent and accountable and create an arts ecosystem that is accessible and secure despite race, income, education, or background.
The VACE Coalition is funded by an Arts Equity Reimagined grant.
What is required of a VACE Coalition Fellow?
VACE Coalition Fellows are asked to commit 10 hours a month to the program. The basic breakdown of the hours are as follows:
- Attend 2 monthly 2-hour long meetings (virtual, schedule included)
- Spend 2 hours each month creating material for the VACE Coalition website, blog, and social media. (virtual)
- Dedicate 4 hours monthly to attending virtual or in-person exhibitions, events, or other programs presented by any of the 8 VACE Coalition Organization (virtual or in-person)
- Meet and get to know the arts administrators and artists that make up the VACE coalition throughout the 4-month period (virtual or in-person)
- Participate in program assessment upon completion (virtual)
What does a VACE Coalition Fellow receive?
- Stipend of $1,800
- Intimate knowledge of the 8 member organizations
- Network of dedicated visual arts professionals
- Information on tools, best practices, big picture thinking, and issues in our field
What are we looking for in a VACE Coalition Fellow?
While anyone can apply to become a VACE Coalition Fellow, we are looking for six aspiring arts leaders that are passionate about addressing inequity in Pittsburgh’s small arts sector. Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in working in the arts and show strong leadership potential and entrepreneurial spirit. We are seeking potential fellows from all backgrounds, and we strongly encourage individuals who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+, Neurodiverse, or Disabled to apply. Potential fellows can be emerging arts administrators, cultural workers, arts activators who are early (1–10 years) in their arts, culture, and/or community organizing career. VACE Coalition Fellows should be available for all scheduled events and based in the Pittsburgh region.
Highly competitive applicants will show:
- Evidence of a commitment to cultivating personal and professional skills
- A demonstrated interested in promoting equity
- Promise as an innovator of programs or practices that build an organization or community
The group will meet virtually twice a month between September and December. All group sessions will be held on Wednesdays from 4-6pm. Fellows must participate in each virtual session. One group meeting absence is allowed, but will require connecting with the Coalition Coordinator to get the missed information. Dates are below.
Sept 15th and 22nd
Oct 13th and 27th
Nov 10th and 17th
Dec 8th and 15th
Fill Out The Fellowship Application Here